Flying Blue wanted to differentiate themselves from other loyalty programmes in the industry by creating a stronger brand experience for their loyalty programme members.
In particular, they wanted to target two distinctive types of flyer:
- Frequent flyers who aren’t looking to redeem their points on flights
- International travellers who may not have the need to fly back through their home markets
Our agreed approach was to deploy an innovative e-commerce marketplace that connected merchants with members, giving them access to competitive market prices and real-time inventory.
Working with the Flying Blue team, we were able to:
- Create a fully responsive design, allowing members to shop and browse on any mobile device with personalised features such as wish-lists, comparisons and recommendations, based on purchase and browsing history
- Implement 8 language versions of the site, featuring over 3,000 rewards that are locally sourced and fulfilled
- Enable members to buy rewards with miles, or combine miles with cash
- Combine rewards from Collinson Latitude merchants with Flying Blue partners
In the first 12 months after go-live, we saw:
- The store’s share of redemption and the number of miles redeemed doubled
- The store engaged 250% more members in 60 new countries - purchasing three times as many items
- Members spend 26% more time on the site
- The conversion of visitors to buyers increased by 31%